REVISED August 10, 2020
CURRENT STATUS IN YUCATAN AS OF AUGUST 10:
- The federal government says Yucatán is in the red zone, but our governor says we’re orange and restrictions are set accordingly.
- The school year will start August 24, and will be entirely done through distance learning.
- The beaches remain officially closed as they have been since March.
- The state is under its second implementation of the Ley Seca with sale of all alcoholic beverages prohibited and no end date announced.
Yucatan State Government Official Information: http://coronavirus.yucatan.gob.mx
GOVERNMENT FACEBOOK PAGES
- Municipality of Progreso: https://www.facebook.com/ayuntaprogreso2018/
- FAST Progreso: https://www.facebook.com/FAST.Progreso/
- Yucatan State Health Dept: https://m.facebook.com/yucatan.salud/
- Yucatan Governor’s Office: https://www.facebook.com/mauriciovilad/
MID City Beat: Merida Reporter Stephanie Carmon has a Website and does a daily COVID-19 update around 9:00AM.
MEXICO GOVERNMENT INFORMATION:
(in Spanish; use Google Chrome to translate)
US GOVERNMENT INFORMATION:
CANADA GOVERNMENT INFORMATION: