Welcome to Beach Area News! This Website serves as an information resource for English-speaking residents of the beach communities located along the northern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. We focus on issues important to daily living here in Yucatan: health, security, environmental quality, and economic development.
Here’s what you can find on this site:
- NEW JUNE 2023: Death and Dying in Mexico — critical information on the documentation you should have before moving to Mexico full or part time.
- Our updated Security Leaflet with tips for your safety and important information on what do if you are a victim of a crime. Download it here.
- The current and back issues of Beach Area News, an Email newsletter distributed free to anyone who wishes to receive timely information relevant to living in the beach communities of Yucatan. To be added to the mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Current security-related information like how to access emergency services, work with the police, and report a crime.
- Documents and Downloads are useful files (mostly PDFs) like our helpful Emergency Numbers, Hurricane FAQ’s and Shelters, and how to decipher your CFE bill.