Worthwhile information to download and print! (In an emergency, you might not be able to use your computer.)
- Our Beach Area News Security Leaflet is full of information and tips to enhance your safety and security in Yucatan. Updated 27 October 2019.
- Progreso Area Government Phones — Printable list of useful numbers
- 911 Sample Dialog — We show side-by-side what a 911 operator may say to you, and how you should respond. (Although you should be able to get an English-speaking operator, seconds can count!)
- Hurricane FAQs — What to do before, during and after a major storm! (Read this NOW, not when the storm is approaching.) From the US Consulate General, Merida.
- Shelters in Yucatan — A 35-page list of buildings where you can shelter from a storm. Download, and then print the page(s) for the area nearest you.
- SIAT-CT (English) — Detailed explanation on Mexico’s official five-color warning system for tropical cyclones. The first page is excellent to print out in color and put up on a wall.
- CFE Bill Annotated — UPDATED! October 2019: We’ve taken a CFE bill and marked it up so you can read and understand all the different boxes and numbers! Take the mystery out of this bi-monthly task.